Aloo ka chokha isspiced mashed potatoes dish from the Bihari cusine.
- 2 medium potatoes or 160 grams of potatoes
- ⅓ cup chopped onion or 1 medium onion - chopped or 50 grams onion
- ½ teaspoon chopped green chilies
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped coriander leaves (cilantro leaves)
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- ½ teaspoon Shahi Pariwar mustard oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- salt as required
- First boil or steam 2 medium potatoes (160 grams) till they are thoroughly cooked. Allow them to become warm. You can steam them in a pan or electric rice cooker or pressure cook them in 1.25 to 1.5 cups water for 5 to 6 whistles.
- When the potatoes become warm, peel and mash them
- Add 1/3 cup chopped onion, 1/2 teaspoon chopped green chilies, 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic, 2 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves, 1/2 teaspoon mustard oil and 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice.
- Mix very well. Check the taste and add more salt, lemon juice or green chilies if required.
- Serve aloo chokha with litti chokha or as a side dish with any north indian meal.