KALA CHANA CURRY
Kala Chana is Black Chanawhich is a very good source of vegetarian protein. It can be cooked in avariety of forms like chaat, curries or ghugni.
- 1 cup Onion (chopped)
- 2 tsp Ginger (chopped)
- 2 tsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1 cup Tomato (chopped)
- 4 tbsp Mustard Oil
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon
- 1 Black Cardamom
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1 cup Black Chana (soaked)
- 1/4 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Besan
- 2 tbsp Kasuri Methi
- Salt (to taste)
- Add onion, ginger, garlic and tomato in a blender and blend to make a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add cloves, cinnamon and cardamom and fry for a few seconds.
- Add onion, tomato paste and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Now add coriander powder, turmeric powder and Kashmiri red chilli powder and fry for another minute. Add little water if the masala is burning.
- Add the soaked chana, yogurt, besan, kasuri methi and salt and cook for a minute.
- Now add 2 cups of water and pressure cook the chana until it is well cooked.
- Remove the cooker from heat and let the pressurerelease
- Open the lid of the cooker. Garnish the chana with fresh coriander and serve hot.
Cook Kala Chana in a pressure cooker till the cooker releases about 6 to 8 whistles on high to medium flame. You can also cook on high flame for about 2 whistles and then on medium flame for about 15 minutes. If cooking in an instant pot, then you need to cook it at high pressure for about 25 to 30 minutes.