BESAN LADOO (MOTA)
Besan laddu is a popular ladoomade from gram flour, powdered sugar and clarified butter (ghee).
- 2 cups besan (gramflour or chickpea flour)
- ½ to⅔ cup ghee (clarified butter) - add more ghee, if required
- 1 cup powderedsugar or boora
- 4 greencardamoms - powdered in a mortar-pestle
- 1 or 2 tablespoon goldenraisins
- Dry roast the besan in a kadai or pan on slow flame for about 11-12 mins.
- Keep on stirring continuously right from thebeginning. So that the besan is not burned and so that there is even browning
- While roasting the besan, melt the ghee and keep aside.
- After 11-12 minutes of total roasting time, add themelted ghee and continue roasting the besan for some more 5-6 minutes stirringcontinuously.
- The besan would start to give a nice nutty fragrance and will start releasing ghee.
- Once you get a strong nutty fragrance then switch off the fire.
- Remove the pan from the stove and keep down.
- Add powdered sugar or Boora. for besttaste use the Boora
- Stir well so that no lumps are formed.
- Add the powdered cardamom and raisins. You can also add chopped dry fruits at this stage. Stir well.
- Once you have mixed the ladoo mixture well then let it cool down to room temperature.
- Make small or medium-sized besan ladoo and storethem in an airtight container