Moong Dal Ladoo
Moong Dal Ladoo is an easy to make Indian sweet made with lentils, sugar and ghee!
- 1 cup moong dal dhuli 215 grams, also known as yellow split lentil
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar 150 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup melted ghee also known as clarified butter
- Place the dal in a pan on low heat. Roast the dal, stirring continuously till it changes to nice golden in color. This takes around 8-10 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and transfer dal to a grinder and grind to a fine powder.
- Sieve the mixture to remove any large particles from the ladoo mixture. Set aside.
- Grind the sugar with cardamom powder. Transfer the sugar to the ladoo mixture and mix to combine.
- Add warm melted ghee, little by little till you are able to bind the mixture.
- Take a small amount of the mixture in your palm and press with your fingers to make a small round ball.
- Use the entire mixture to form ladoos while the mixture is still warm.
- Enjoy these moong dal ladoo!