BENGALI FISH CURRY (KACCHI)
Whenever we thinkabout West Bengal, the first thing that pops in our minds is their fish curry.If you call yourself a fish lover, you should definitely try this fish curry.This authentic Bengali fish curry reigns in the hearts of every fish lover. Itis a soul food for all the Bengalis. This fish curry is prepared using fishfillets, salt, turmeric powder, tomatoes, onions, yogurt, mustard seeds and amelange of spices. It is traditionally prepared with mustard oil and isgarnished with coriander leaves. Rohu fish is used to prepare this dish whichis great source of Vitamin C. The fish is marinated with a mixture of salt andturmeric and the curry is loaded with amazing flavors. It is cooked at specialoccasions like Durga Puja, the most celebrated festival of West Bengal. It isan easy- to- make recipe and doesn't take too much of your time. It tastes bestwhen served with rice forming the classic combination of maachh bhaat. Servethis dish at kitty parties, buffets, and potlucks and earn compliments fromyour friends and family. So, what are you waiting for? Try this recipe now andrelish it with your loved ones.
- 500 gm fish fillets
- 2 tomato
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 green chilli
- 1 cup water
- 2 chopped onion
- salt as required
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 1/2 cup yoghurt (curd)
- 1 handful coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered turmeric
How to makeBengali Fish Curry
- To prepare this delicious dish, take a bowl and marinate the fish fillets usingsalt and turmeric powder. Keep aside.
- In a blender, add the chopped onions, ginger,garlic, and the green chilies and form a smooth paste.
- Next, in a pan, heat some oil and fry the marinatedfish fillets until they turn golden brown. Remove them from the pan and drainthe excess oil using a paper towel.
- In a separate pan, heat some oil over a mediumflame. Add the mustard seeds to it and let them splutter.
- Now, add the prepared paste to it and cook for afew minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and chili powder. Then, add water to thepan and simmer for 7-8 minutes
- Add yogurt and salt to the pan and keep stirring.
- Now add the fried fish pieces and let it cook for afew minutes.
- Once done, transfer it to a serving bowl andgarnish with coriander leaves. Serve.